quarta-feira, 4 de dezembro de 2013

Book Review: The House of Hades by Rick Riordan


I have a lot to say about "The House of Hades" but I will refrain myself from making this review too long. I want it to be succinct and not too long-winded. 
In terms of plot, it was one of the weakest books in the series, in my opinion. After 'The Mark of Athena", Riordan will have to sweat a lot to make a book with so many interesting plots and sub-plots for the series. 
However, as far as character development goes, this one is incomparable. I'll not talk about all the character, only a few chosen ones, the ones that had a bigger impact on my while I was reading.
I'd like to mention that I love Percy, but he has his lot of flaws. It was nice to see him noticing these flaws, noticing that he was not always the best of demigods, and that he doesn't really treat all people as equally as he had thought. I liked how he got to know himself, and, through this new-found knowledge of himself, he also got to know the others better. 
Frank. Oh, Frank. It was time for you to start having more confidence in yourself. You too, Leo. Two great characters that just got even greater. They just needed to find their places and what they could do and trust themselves.
Jason. I never really liked Jason, but I'm willing to give him another chance. He proved to be brave one more time, and to have a really big and accepting heart. To all you've done during the book, Jason Grace, I applaud you. This book really made me change my opinion, which is not something I do a lot. 
Now, Nico. My poor brave Nico. I had to control myself a lot not to do this whole review about him. It broke my heart to see how much he is suffering and how much keeping his secrets is hurting him. Rick Riordan better give him a happy ending. I don't know, anything to make him smile and be happy and play his cards again. I'm looking forward to see how his friendship with Jason will evolve and how he will fair with Reyna. 
Overall, it was a lovely book, with character development each page. I fully recommend this book and, of course, the whole series.

Rating: 5/5

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário