sábado, 25 de janeiro de 2014

Book Review: The Diviners by Libba Bray



I read this book for the 2014 Book Genre Challenge!
I was surprised by how much I liked this book. I liked the narrative, the writing style, the characters, the setting, and the overall story.
What I didn't like:
The hint at love triangle. I think love triangles are completely unnecessary and are getting cliché nowadays. Almost every single YA book has a love triangle. I want to see how the Mabel situation will be solved in the next book.
What I liked:
I loved the way the book was written, I really liked the prose, the description, how we get to know things. I liked how things were explained to us, how the narrative made certain aspects of the book feel so real and how the suspense was kept throughout the book.
I liked the characters, they were well develop, all of them with their special stories and mysteries surrounding them, how some of them were explained, and how some were carefully not explained so we were left wanting and waiting for answers.

Overall, a great read!

Rating: 5/5


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário