quinta-feira, 6 de março de 2014

Book Review: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie




This book is part of my reading for the 2014 Book Genre Challenge.

I chose to read this book for the Contemporary challenge first because I an a fan of Sherman Alexie's work and second because this seemed to be a very nice read!

  • The overall story. I really enjoyed to know Junior and his life and difficulties and how he overcame some of his problems;
  • How the cartoons complemented the story and, sometimes, even showed us what happened in the story instead of the narrator's voice;
  • First person is always good for this kind of book, it helps us to see what the character is feeling in his own words and perspective. Junior's perspective is unique and funny and helps us understand better the world we live in;
  • As much as I liked the way Junior told the story, I admit it took me some time to get used to it. However, when I did, I really enjoyed the whole story. 

Rating: 4 stars out of 5


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário